Better Days Ahead

I'm a 45 year old woman who is on an adventure to discover the purpose in all the trials and tribulations I have gone through. As I'm trying to discover what James says, "Consider it nothing but joy my bretheren when you go through many trials, that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing.
I have two wonderful children and lost my husband Rob on April 19, 2014. I live in my father and step mother's home and was taking care of my step mother until she passed just recently on March 22nd. My father works away and is hardly even here. My 24 year old son who was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder moved back with us last year, but seems to be not suffering delusions currently. My 15 year old daughter was in and out of behavioral health programs last year and failed 7th grade. We had quite a fight with the school who took us to truancy court for her absences. We now have more peace because she is home schooling online with a self-pace school. I am currently questioning what I should do to support my family, but wasn't able to due to caring for my sick stepmother. I have a dream to one day be self-employed. I just feel I need to get through the hurdles that seem to keep me back. So That is what this blog is about. I'm trying to find out what fears and mindsets keep me bound and keep me from pursuing my dreams. I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Don't Panic

by Gloria Copeland 
 
– Proverbs 16:3
       Right now you may be on the edge of a major decision... about to make a change in your job or your church or your personal life. You know you need divine guidance. And you're hoping desperately to hear from the Lord. If that's your situation, don't panic. Being led by the Lord isn't some complicated process that only the spiritual "pros" can master. I found that out years ago when I was a new believer. I wanted to live in a way that was pleasing to God, but I didn't know how to make decisions that were in line with His will.

Then one day as I was studying The Amplified Bible, I came across Proverbs 16:3. Immediately, I latched onto this verse and began to use it in my life--and I can tell you now from experience, it works!

It will work for you too if you'll do what it says. Roll your works over on God, commit your ways to Him, trust them wholly to Him. He'll start adjusting your thoughts to be like His until, at some point, you'll just know the right thing to do. Of course, faith is involved. One of the requirements is trust, and you won't be able to do that without feeding on God's Word. Then as you practice rolling your works upon the Lord and trusting Him, you become more confident in your ability to hear. Start now with whatever problem is bothering you. Pray and trust God with it. In other words, believe you receive when you pray. Stop worrying and begin believing.

Learn to live this way and it doesn't matter whether you've been a Christian 30 minutes or 30 years, your plans shall be established and succeed!

Scripture Reading: Psalm 37:1-7

1 comment:

  1. 1 Do not fret because of those who are evil
    or be envious of those who do wrong;
    2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
    like green plants they will soon die away.
    3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
    4 Take delight in the LORD,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
    5 Commit your way to the LORD;
    trust in him and he will do this:
    6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
    7 Be still before the LORD
    and wait patiently for him;
    do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes.

    The sermon on Sunday was about praying don't loose heart. We stop praying when we don't see the results. We get discouraged too easily. I am on a quest to be a doer of Gods word. I desire to roll my works over on Him. I am in a decision making time and need God's guidance. I need to bring more money in to our household. I either have to get another job or a better paying one. I want to be like that widow in the parable of the unjust judge. The widow didn't give up and say oh I might as well settle for this abuse or this situation. She petitioned the judge day after day after day. Lord help us not to faint. You said they that wait upon the Lord shall be renewed they shall rise up like eagles and soar. They shall run and not be weary. I know you to be a faithful God. You always come through for me. I'm sorry when I doubt you and give up. Like the Centurian said "Lord, help my unbelief" I believe you can move in my situation and heal my husband. I know you can open a door for a new job for me. You can also grant the desires of my heart. Please forgive me when I put a sock in your mouth. I believe what you promised me you will perform it. Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by.

    3For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.(Habakkuk 2:2-3) Lord thank you you didn't give me a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and of love and a sound mind.

    ReplyDelete