Better Days Ahead

I'm a 45 year old woman who is on an adventure to discover the purpose in all the trials and tribulations I have gone through. As I'm trying to discover what James says, "Consider it nothing but joy my bretheren when you go through many trials, that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing.
I have two wonderful children and lost my husband Rob on April 19, 2014. I live in my father and step mother's home and was taking care of my step mother until she passed just recently on March 22nd. My father works away and is hardly even here. My 24 year old son who was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder moved back with us last year, but seems to be not suffering delusions currently. My 15 year old daughter was in and out of behavioral health programs last year and failed 7th grade. We had quite a fight with the school who took us to truancy court for her absences. We now have more peace because she is home schooling online with a self-pace school. I am currently questioning what I should do to support my family, but wasn't able to due to caring for my sick stepmother. I have a dream to one day be self-employed. I just feel I need to get through the hurdles that seem to keep me back. So That is what this blog is about. I'm trying to find out what fears and mindsets keep me bound and keep me from pursuing my dreams. I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Get the Two Together

by Kenneth Copeland
 
 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
– Colossians 2:6-7
Established in the faith and abounding with thanksgiving. These days it seems that's a rare combination.

A lot of people have been taught faith over the last several years, and a lot of people have been taught to abound with thanksgiving. But it's been hard to set the two together. Faith folks want to confess the Word all the time, but they don't praise God very much. And those who like to praise God just want to jump and shout and dance and have a good time in the Lord. You can't get them to get very serious about the Word.

Success comes from combining the two.


So, do it! Put them together in your life. When you run into a challenge, don't just stand around grim-faced and white-knuckled holding onto your faith. Raise your hands high and praise. Start thanking God in the midst of what's happening around you. Keep thanking Him for the answer until it comes.

Instead of just standing on the Word, let the joy of the Lord enable you to dance around on it a little. It will get you where you're going a whole lot faster...and both you and God will have a much better time on the way.
Scripture Reading: Colossians 2:1-10


1 comment:

  1. Lord I pray that we not only just be hearers of this word, but doers of the same. I ask you Lord to remind me when I am not talking or thinking faith. I also ask you to help remind me to praise you in advance. I am sorry I sometimes lean to my own understanding and don't always acknowledge you in my ways. I'm sorry I become lazy and don't pray for others. Thank you that on Sunday you showed me another deceitful tactic of the enemy. The enemy wants us to be so focused on our own problems and have it in our face 24/7 We then magnify our problems and start to sink in our minds. We need to fight with the word of God. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God delivers us out of the all. He is our hiding place an ever present help in times of trouble. We also get so caught up looking at ourselves and then forget what true JOY means. Jesus, Others and then Yourself. We need to come up higher in caring for and praying for the needs of others. Don't let the devil rob you of true Joy, getting yourself off your mind. God Bless Have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete