Better Days Ahead

I'm a 45 year old woman who is on an adventure to discover the purpose in all the trials and tribulations I have gone through. As I'm trying to discover what James says, "Consider it nothing but joy my bretheren when you go through many trials, that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing.
I have two wonderful children and lost my husband Rob on April 19, 2014. I live in my father and step mother's home and was taking care of my step mother until she passed just recently on March 22nd. My father works away and is hardly even here. My 24 year old son who was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder moved back with us last year, but seems to be not suffering delusions currently. My 15 year old daughter was in and out of behavioral health programs last year and failed 7th grade. We had quite a fight with the school who took us to truancy court for her absences. We now have more peace because she is home schooling online with a self-pace school. I am currently questioning what I should do to support my family, but wasn't able to due to caring for my sick stepmother. I have a dream to one day be self-employed. I just feel I need to get through the hurdles that seem to keep me back. So That is what this blog is about. I'm trying to find out what fears and mindsets keep me bound and keep me from pursuing my dreams. I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Walk in obedience to the Lord

Psalm 128

A song of ascents. 1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
   who walk in obedience to him.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
   blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
   within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
   around your table.
4 Yes, this will be the blessing
   for the man who fears the LORD.
 5 May the LORD bless you from Zion;
   may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
   all the days of your life.
6 May you live to see your children’s children—
   peace be on Israel.

Lord I do desire to walk in obedience to you.  My heart cries out to you you know that we don't have enough in the natural to meet our needs.  I'm praying for our needs to be met and that we have seed to sow.  You say in your word that you do provide seed for the sower.  Help me also to sow good seed in what I think and say to and about people. Let me not be a people pleas er, but pleasing to you oh Lord.  I know that others do things that they shouldn't and tell you you can too, but you aren't of this world.  We don't have to live like the world, stealing and thinking oh everyone else does. Even stealing a grape from the grocery store. A christian is judged more severely than the world for doing the same as it does.  Let me not be conformed to this world but let me be transformed my the renewing of my mind.  Holy Spirit convict me when I am doing as the world does.  Help me give me the courage to stand up for you even though it is going against the crowd.  Help me to remember to say Father forgive them for they know not what they do when they ridicule me.  Someone once told me as they handed me a devotional booklet oh I'm gonna make you Holy and not tell anyone.  That was wrong only God can make us Holy and He doesn't want us to keep Him a secret.  Well have a blessed day!  May the Lord bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment